Our purpose is to glorify God and maximize our joy by growing an extended family of fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
The Red Brick Church is an independent, evangelical church that centers on Christ and his Word. We believe that following Christ is not only the right thing, it is the best thing.
- We are a young church with lots of kids, but also an old church founded in 1858 with many senior saints.
- We are relevant to the modern world, but we are rooted in the Word of Christ.
- We are local in serving our community, but we are global in our involvement to spread the gospel to the world.
- We are a fun church family, but we are serious about studing the word of God and encouraging each other to be fully devoted to Christ.
We are located in Stillman Valley, IL only 10 minutes from the Rockford airport, 4 miles from Byron. People attend our church from Rockford, Cherry Valley, Oregon, Byron, Davis Junction, Winnebago, and the Rochelle area.
What to Expect
Red Brick offers two identical services at 9:00am and 10:30am. Our services normally last about 75 minutes. We employ various styles of music reflecting the cross-generational nature of our church. Our Lead Pastor, Chris Brauns, centers his preaching on the Bible. He specializes in making complex concepts accessible and relevant to the church family.
See our Facebook page to watch our live stream at 9am or our previous services.
Our children's programs include nursery through high school. Each child checks in at the beginning of each service.
The nursery is on the main floor just outside the west doors of the auditorium. K5-5th grade meet on the lower level of the church. Junior high & high school students meet in our auxiliary "white house" office building just west of our church. See map.
During the 10:30am service, children (4yrs-1st grade) sit in the main service with their families and are dismissed to Children's Church during the message. You can preregister your child here.
Adult Small Groups
Our adult small groups meet during each service in the Adult Classroom right next to the nursery. There's time to get to know each other over a fresh pot of coffee and some treats before studying the Bible together. See all our adult ministries here.
What to wear
We don't have a dress code here and believe that God is more concerned about who you are as a person than what you wear.
1 Service Sundays
We meet at 9:00am but DO NOT have a 10:30am service on these days in 2019:
- May 12 through September 1
- September 29 (Fall Festival)
- December 29
- See our calendar for all our events.