Our series in Job should remind both the pastor and the congregation to pray for one another. And let’s be kind! We are often talking to people who are hurting in ways we cannot imagine.
Our church knows that I have a specific prayer place in my study. It’s where I get down on my knees and ask God to be with our people.
Today, I tried to remember all the different sorts of pain people are facing. I wonder if you can relate a particular face to each of these concerns. Maybe you know someone who could circle multiple lines!
- Cancer and ongoing treatment
- The possibility of cancer coming back
- Babies and pregnancies
- Marriage problems
- Heart problems
- Chronic physical pain
- Severe depression
- Children about whom they are desperately worried
- Grandchildren about whom they are desperately concerned
- Addictions to pornography
- Addictions to substance abuse
- Regrets about major sins
I’m praying for you. I’ve prayed today. I got down on my knees and spent time thinking of you all and asking God to use our church to strengthen you for the journey.