AWANA is a worldwide children’s Bible club with an emphasis on Scripture memory and Christian living.
AWANA exists to reach boys and girls with the Gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him.
When We Meet
September – April
6:00 – 7:15 pm
AWANA is open to the community!
- Cubbies (3-4yrs)(potty trained)
- Sparks (K-2nd grade)
- Truth & Training (3rd-6th grade)
- Game Time: Kids have a time of fun and learn sportsmanship and teamwork, no matter their athletic ability.
- Book Time: Kids work one-on-one with their Leaders and LITs (JH/HS leaders in training) memorizing, reciting, and applying Bible verses from their Handbooks.
- Large Group Time: Kids gather together for worship, a practical Bible message, awards and announcements. We have a lot of fun with special guests and theme nights, too!
Founded in 1941 as a weekly children’s ministry by Lance Latham and Art Rorheim of North Side Gospel Center in Chicago, AWANA has grown to now reaching more than 1.5 million children weekly in all 50 states through the help of over 400 thousand volunteers. In the U.S. alone it represents over 12,000 churches in 100 denominations. Clubs are also established in over 13,000 churches, schools, and orphanages in over 100 countries outside the U.S.
The founders of AWANA derived its name from the first letters of “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed” as taken from the Bible in 2 Timothy 2:15:
“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.”